Sport & Recovery
Hyperbaric oxygen chamber for sports
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy is becoming increasingly popular among famous athletes around the world, and it is also indispensable in some sports studios to help people recover faster from hard training.
How does hyperbaric oxygen therapy work for athletes?
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy unleashes the remarkable self-healing powers of the human body. Oxygen is the fuel for the cells in the body. It is essential not only for our survival, but also for carrying out a variety of complex processes, such as repairing damaged tissue. The hyperbaric chamber provides the body with ample oxygen so that it can maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of these processes.
Treatment sessions last between 60 and 120 minutes, and patients typically look forward to this therapy as a time of relaxation and recovery. During hyperbaric oxygen therapy, patients sit or lie in a hyperbaric chamber that is pressurized. During this time, patients can read, listen to music, work on a laptop, watch a movie or take a nap. Immediately afterward, they can return to their normal activities, which means athletes can enjoy a HBOT session before a big game.
In addition, hyperbaric oxygen therapy could achieve the following effects, which could help athletes:
- Increases mental concentration
- Increases the level of serotonin
- Improves blood circulation
- Increases energy level
- Increases collagen production
- Accelerates recovery from jet lag
- Reduces lactic acid
- Muscle recovery in hyperbaric chamber can reduce muscle fatigue and stretch injuries
- Reduces inflammation and pain
- Reduces susceptibility to re-injury in targeted areas
- Faster healing of soft tissue, ligaments and fractures
- Improves healing of medial collateral ligament (MCL) and anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) injuries
- Professional athletes and recovery in the hyperbaric chamber
- Some athletes prefer hyperbaric oxygen therapy to improve their skills and performance levels. The hyperbaric chamber for sports injuries to quickly restore physical fitness after intense training and workouts is becoming more common in the sports world.